Thursday, June 9, 2011

bdays & ball games

The sunshine finally decided to show itself towards the end of the weekend, just in time for my sister Julia's 24th birthday party at 15 Romolo. After a day of rain and fog (we had to take our daytime BBQ indoors), we were finally able to enjoy some time outside the house for the special occasion.

After partying all day and night Saturday, I woke up feeling surprisingly upbeat. Derek was glued to the couch, as is his Sunday morning ritual, while I managed to get out of the house to attend a Giants game. For such a low scoring game (2-1 Giants), it was one of the most entertaining games I've been too this year. Emily had tickets in the 3rd row behind the visitors dugout, so every time there was a left-handed batter up we'd be visible on TV in the background stuffing our faces with milano cookies, peanuts, chicken tenders and fries. Yep, that's something to be proud of.

At the bottom of the 8th inning I was lucky enough to get a foul ball hit down the 1st base line. I'll admit that I didn't actually catch the foul ball, the Rockies head coach threw it to me as I waved fanatically for it. Ha! But it's the first major league baseball I've gotten since I was a kid, so I'm stoked! I think I'll place it above the fireplace in my living room for all to see...


Julia blowing out the candles at her bday BBQ

Julia & Steph (Steph came down from Portland for her bday!)

Me & Derek

Hangin with Emily and her grandma at the Giants game. Best seats ever!

Giants vs. Rockies

My baseball!!!

Paparazzi style. That's us on TV!

There I am again! Slightly awkward...I look really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment