Tuesday, February 22, 2011

luna park

It's been a while since I've gone out to a nice dinner on the town- the last few weeks have been pretty hectic. Back in October I bought a special 50% off offer at Open Table to a restaurant in the Mission called Luna Park. I'd heard friends and co-workers rave about their signature S'mores dessert and how delicious it is. I'm a sucker for desserts so this place has been on my list of restaurants to eat at for a while.

Although I made a dinner reservation about a month in advance, Derek and I still ended up waiting 50 minutes to be seated. Any other guest probably would have been displeased with the long wait but we were actually pretty content just chillin at the bar. We posted up on a couple stools, drank a fishbowl of Sangria and enjoyed the atmosphere. Any restaurant that plays a variety of good music like The Helio Sequence, Phantogram, Ray LaMontagne and Radiohead  is my kind of place...

My Faves:
- Appetizer: Goat Cheese Fondue with Sliced Apples
- Entree: Grilled Atlantic Salmon with Caramelized Fennel, Artichokes, Fingerling Potatoes
- Dessert: Make Your Own S'mores
- Drinks: Sangria. Since I'm a wine-o I'd also recommend the '08 Lamadrid Malbec, Mendoza Argentina. 



No comments:

Post a Comment