Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Turning tragedy into triumph

I recently found out some devastating news about a close friend of my sisters. Her family lost their home in the San Bruno fires last week, when a massive fireball erupted from a natural gas line. It's been reported that as many as 38 homes have been destroyed, 4 people killed and over 52 injured.

Unforeseen tragedy's like these really puts it into perspective how valuable life is. My mom said to me earlier in the week, "Life can shift radically at any given moment. I'm grateful for you and that you are here now." I'm thankful that my sisters friend and her family are safe and unharmed. This all hits very close to home for many of us in the Bay Area, and I can't even begin to understand how these people must feel- having lost loved ones, their life possessions, entire homes. So far PG&E has given their family $2000 of visa gift cards which is almost nothing for a displaced family of four who've lost everything.

I've decided to help as much as I can with clothing and financial donations to this family along with others affected by the fires. Click Here to learn more about how to donate. Even if it’s not much, it'll still make a difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment