Monday, December 27, 2010

A breath of fresh air

My vacation has finally started to kick in. I woke up this Monday morning around the same time Derek does, 6:30am, and sprawled out on the bed as he got ready to go to work. For the first time I didn't have to leave the house before him in the morning. I got to stay and sleep. It was an enjoyable moment and I woke up feeling so refreshed and happy. (Although, I am bummed that Derek still has to go to work this week)...

I met up with my friend Nida in the afternoon and we decided to take Shorty, her fluffy Maltese pooch whom i adore, on a walk around the city. We strolled about North Beach and Nob Hill, catching up and admiring the beautiful scenery. Walks in San Francisco never get boring. I'm still so in love with every aspect of this city: the architecture, views of the Bay, cable cars...and even just "people" watching. Every city has its diversity and interesting characters, but native San Franciscan's really do stand out to me. There are so many pet lovers, hipsters, musicians, free-spirited hippies who just hang around in the park holding hands and dancing to their own beats (I'm not kidding, I actually did observe this earlier today). I appreciate these people though. They are part of the reason why I love living here. San Francisco just wouldn't be complete without the eccentric personalities.



Nob Hill

Huntington Park

Grace Cathedral



Shorty

No comments:

Post a Comment