Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Under the weather

I've been feeling a bit under the weather ever since Sunday (after that delicious meal at Garcon). I woke up with the most painful feeling in my abdomen, like knives poking me in the stomach. I hardly moved from the couch all day and I was super bummed because I ended up missing my sister Julia's holiday party as a result. She and her roommates planned a little festive cocktail hour at their apartment for friends and family.

Needless to say I hated life all day Sunday, and had to take Monday off of work because I still felt remnants of cramping all over my body. Turns out I'm allergic to mussels. Well, we're about 90% sure that's the problem. My dad is allergic to shellfish and has the same reaction at times when he eats oysters. Since I stuffed my face with mussels all night long (I rarely eat them but they were delicious!), we're thinking I might have had some kind of negative bodily reaction.

Luckily I started feeling better towards the end of the day on Monday and decided to cheer myself up with a little solo baking party. I baked rice krispie treats and brownies. At least my sick day wasn't a total waste. I think I'll bring some into work tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment