Monday, December 20, 2010

Citizen's Band

I'm adding a new restaurant to my Top 25 Favorites in San Francisco. Citizen's Band is a unique Nouveau style diner, without the over-priced menu or fancy frills. I went there for lunch with a couple co-workers and at first was shocked as I skimmed the menu. The list consisted primarily of all sorts of comfort foods. I'm talkin fried chicken, onion rings, mac and cheese, fried potatoes, bacon cheeseburgers, chili cheese dogs. They all sound like items you'd order at a ball park, but this place knows how to class it up. It was like eating at an upscale diner where the soul food is served with a little extra something nontraditional. For example, the chili dog was served on a bun with fried mac n cheese and coleslaw. Random combination? You'll just have to try it out for yourself to understand what I mean...

The infamous crispy chicken sandwich

Emily's chili sausage cheese dog. Wow.
The kitchen staff workin hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment