Monday, May 23, 2011

my re-occuring dream

I've been having the strangest re-occurring dream lately. I'm alone in the middle of the desert when I stumble across an abandoned warehouse. I enter the warehouse and then am chased by a four legged tarantula spider. He must have lost his other four legs in battle? Ha! I'm running as fast as possible in different directions but the spider keeps jumping onto my shoulder. This dream has been bothering me for a while now, and its not that its that frightening for me, its just that I have NO idea why its in my mind. Whenever I have this dream I always wake up from it around the exact same time I'm supposed to get up for work: 7:25am. What is the deal? Is this just a coincidence?

I did a little online research this morning and found some "dream interpretations" which I'm trying to dissect myself. I'm not sure that I seriously believe some of these ideas but they're interesting to ponder.


To dream that you are walking through a desert, signifies loss and misfortune. You may be suffering from an attack on your reputation. Deserts are also symbolic of barrenness, loneliness and feelings of isolation and hopelessness. The desert landscape may also be a metaphor for feeling deserted and left behind. {Hmm not sure this really applies to me. I think the desert might have a more literal meaning than metaphorical. I dream about deserts pretty often and I've always thought its because I spent a lot of time in Arizona.}


To see a tarantula in your dream, represents your dark and sinister side. {Uh oh!} A tarantula is also symbolic of feminine power. To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized. Spiders are also a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. 

Warehouse
To see a warehouse in your dream, represents stored energy or hidden resources. {Time to start thinking more outside the box?} The warehouse also refers to memories. Alternatively, the warehouse means that you are putting your ambitions and goals on hold. To see an abandoned or empty warehouse, indicates that your inner resources have been depleted. You need to take some time off to restore your energy and replenish your resources. 

To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.{I think the fact of the matter is that in reality I'm terrified of all spiders...so I'm going to run like crazy is one ever chases me, lol}

Shoulders
To see your shoulder in your dream, symbolize strength, responsibility and burdens. Perhaps you feel that you have too much responsibility to bear and are overburdened by circumstances in your life. Alternatively, shoulders represent your ability to offer support and nurturance others. 


* courtesy of dream moods * 

No comments:

Post a Comment